With the business now starting to take shape, we are finally in a situation to start making. After spending a few late nights taking apart the computer components – I now have lost much skin on the sharp edges(!) – we have a veritable smorgasbord of items to cast in resin.
Wow! I mean WOW that resin is highly potent stuff! I had goggles and a mask on, was in a well ventilated room, but I had a MASSIVE headache after casting our first set of keyrings!! When I got home, I was either going to throw up or pass out! Thankfully, it was the later.
Here are the first few items:
There are a few teething problems: when we pour the resin into the mould, it doesn’t always fill underneath an object so we end up having voids on the underside and it has a tendency to soak into the circuit board so we need to start filling them up more to compensate for this.
Meanwhile, the rest of the team have been looking into the splash screen logo:
…and business card prototypes:
The business cards were designed to be sprayed onto cardboard, but the spray just doesn’t look professional enough. Plan B – Ellen’s idea – is to make a vinyl mould and rubber stamp the logo onto the card. Much better. Also, Giulia was ill last week, but has spent time at home making the bags we will be packaging up the items into; fingers crossed these look great.
I also spent a little time in the stitch room putting our logo onto donated items of clothing – in this comapny, we do not buy items, we reuse
Moving forward, the business plan is taking shape, Ellen will continue on the logo stamp, we are planning on building the display stand in the next few days and I will continue to get high on resin fumes. Good times.